The Word Warehouse (formerly Christ Centered Church, Inc.) was established in September 1987 as an Independent, Non-Denominational Ministry. We held our first worship service on Sunday, September 20, 1987 in the MGN Regency Hotel on Highway 70 West, now the Best Western Hotel of Goldsboro. After worshipping with us that Sunday, Sister Aleva Monroe offered us the use of a mobile home she owned on National Drive in the Central Heights Community. There we stayed until February of 1988. We then moved to 606 A Street and remained faithful in that facility until the owners offered it for sale in October of 1992, at which time we purchased it.
In July of 1993, 1303 Florida Street was purchased and is now our Worship Center, and 606 A Street is our Administrative/Multipurpose Facility. As of now, we own six rental properties, 20 acres of land, and the former Word Faith Center. Also in this time frame, Yahweh spoke concerning another dimension of apostolic pioneering on a new front and the new name. The Word Warehouse was born and made official September 2011.
Yahweh gave the vision for the Church, and we only followed His lead. Many ministries have been added to the church since its inception, and we are continually experiencing Yahweh and growing. Yahweh will put the vision in a vessel, but it's up to the vessel to bring it forth. "This is Yahweh's doing and it is marvelous in our eyes."
One of the many signs of our continual spiritual growth is that we no longer call ourselves an Independent, Non-Denominational Church—for we are not independent of the Body of Christ, nor have we ever been denominational.
We are simply a New Testament, Apostolic and Prophetic Church, striving to do all the New Testament's teaching of Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus the Messiah).